In these conditions of hire
“the Company” means Ian Gilman t/a Phoenix Day Boat Hire
“the Hirer” means the person or persons named on the booking confirmation
Where there is more than one Hirer they shall be individually responsible and liable under this agreement
- The boat must not pass through locks.
- No more than TWELVE people to be on-board the boat at any time.
- The Company will not let the boat to any person under the age of 25 years.
A £50.00 cash security deposit is required on the day of the trip. This is returned at the end of the trip providing that the boat is returned on time with full inventory and in a reasonably clean condition. Deductions from the deposit will be made if these terms are not met. Should there be an accident resulting in damage the deposit will be retained as a contribution to what is a significant insurance excess.
The boat is fully insured with third party liability of £3,000,000. A copy of the insurance certificate is available on request. The insurance DOES NOT cover damage caused in a wilful or reckless manner or as a result of intoxification through drink or drugs. Any damages caused in these ways will be payable by the hirer in full.
RETURN OF THE BOAT
The boat must be returned in a clean condition to the base (Whaley Bridge Basin unless otherwise agreed) at the appointed time.
Late return will be charged at the company’s unscheduled additional hourly rate currently £20 an hour
The Company cannot be held responsible for delays and non fulfilment of programs caused by unforeseen defects, breakdown, obstruction, or repair to either the boat or the waterway system. We can make no financial adjustments in these circumstances.
The hirer is responsible for the boat and its safe navigation. In the event of an accident you must notify us at once with the name and address of any witness. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES MUST ANYONE ADMIT LIABILITY
INJURY OR DAMAGE
The Company is not liable for death or personal injury or loss and damage to your property including cars parked at the marina or that of any passengers unless caused by wilful negligence of the company.
The Company reserve the right to refuse hand over of the boat to any person for any reason.
- You must not enter/use any locks under any circumstances.
- All people must stay within the profile of the boat.
- Take care when getting on and off the boat.
- Don’t walk on the side or roof of the boat unless absolutely necessary.
- Pass other boats on the starboard (right hand side).
- Keep your speed right down whilst passing moored boats.
- Do not make a breaking wash.
- Take note of any mooring restrictions signposted if you wish to moor.
- Lock the boat if you moor and leave unattended.
- Make sure boat inventory is left as you found it.
- Put mooring pins and hammer back in locker (it’s easy to leave them behind).
- Have respect for other canal users.
- Portable gas appliances are not allowed on the boat.
- Charcoal Barbecues must only be used away from the boat.
- •Enjoy yourselves!